[JdeRobot] Fwd: Interested in GSoC2020 @ JdeRobot

Eduardo Perdices-2

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Vignesh Waren <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 3:19 PM
Subject: Interested in GSoC2020 @ JdeRobot
To: <[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am a final year student studying BE Hons in Mechatronics at the University of Nottingham (Ningbo campus). I am currently looking forward to contributing to a notable project this summer. I have extensive knowledge and background on investigating Computer vision algorithms (especially in the field of AI Vision). I am particularly interested in two projects given on JdeRobot website : Project #1: Robotics Academy: new computer vision exercises

I find this project to be more promising and more related to my interest to contribute to.  So I was thinking to propose an extended objective for these projects if we could meet the project requirements before the deadline. I am good at Python, OpenCV, training ML models and TensorFlow. So I can deep-dive into the project without having to do huge prior readings. I will be graduating this June and will most likely be free. I have attached my resume along with this mail. What I have in my mind is to improve the project by giving a user-friendly GUI to try out various tiny AI Vision algorithms, like single object detection, MNIST handwritten detection, etc., And also can make a flow chart on how the current algorithm works, if the time permits, we can develop something which makes users to play with the algorithm by tweaking a flowchart.

Can you please let me know If I could discuss more about the project and make a formal proposal and talk about the application process. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Vignesh
whatsapp number: +919003039814

vickypdf.pdf (284K) Download Attachment