[JdeRobot] Fwd: Regarding GsoC'20

Eduardo Perdices-2

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ravi charan <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 10:36 AM
Subject: Regarding GsoC'20
To: <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>

Dear Eduardo Perdices and Ignacio Arranz,

I am a fourth-year undergraduate student pursuing my Bachelor in Information Technology from IIIT Allahabad, India. I was going through the list of proposed projects by JdeRobot for GSoC'20 and found the proposed project of programming new computer vision exercises for JDE Robot Academy really intriguing. I would like to take this up and submit a proposal for the same.

I have my fair share of experience in using ROS and OpenCV as I previously, as a part of my academic project, worked on the Speech and Gesture-based Multimodal Recognition of the Social Humanoid Nao. As for my previous internship experience, I worked as a data analyst at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research), Geneva, Switzerland during the summer of 2019. I was also a part of the Google Summer of Code'18 program wherein I worked on improving the Group Theory module of Sympy, a Python library for symbolic mathematics.

It would be of great help to me if you could provide resources to help me better understand the complexities involved in the project and how to go about writing the proposal. Also, the details about the output expected by the student at the end of the GSoC program would help me in great detail in writing the proposal. Please do let me know if there are any prerequisites before submitting the proposal like a merged PR or building a basic prototype as such.

Please let me know if you need any additional information form me. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ravi Charan,
Department of Information Technology,
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
+91-818-704-8426.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 12/03/20, 15:05:38