[JdeRobot] Introduction

divanshu gupta
Hi,
I'm Divanshu Gupta, 4th year undergraduate at IIT MANDI, India. I'm current
pursuing Electrical Engineering and have relevant interests in robotics,
automation and control field. I came across Jderobot website 2-3 months back
and really got into solving some JdeRobot Academy exercises for gaining more
knowledge in robotics. Although I'm a bit new to open source but liked the
idea very much after I started it 2 months back.
I'm proficient in C/C++, python and a beginner in ROS and Gazebo. I like
solving the navigation,planning and control related problems in robotics and
have also started exploring area of perception through some stereo
algorithms in Computer vision.
I really liked this year's as well as previous year projects ideas and feel
motivated to contribute to this organization in GSoC next year. I need to
know how should I start contributing over here(JdeRobot)? I also wanted to
know if there is someone who can assign some tasks to me so I can get better
acquainted with open source platform?
Hoping to get some guidance soon.

Thanks and warm regards
Divanshu Gupta
IIT Mandi

--
Sent from: http://jderobot-developer-list.2315034.n4.nabble.com/

Re: [JdeRobot] Introduction

JoseMaria Cañas
Administrator
Hi Divanshu,

currently the best way to contribute with the JdeRobot organization is
the RoboticsAcademy project [1]. We are working hard in the new
release 2.3, which uses web templates instead of ROS node templates.
Betatesting on that will be helpful. In particular with the FollowLine
exercise [2][5] and the ObstacleAvoidance exercise [4][6]. They are
available as work-in-progress prototypes. Feel free to report any
question or problem creating an issue in the RoboticsAcademy
repository [7] and even use the RoboticsAcademy forum [8].

Watch out, the organizations for GSoC-2021 have not been selected yet.
In addition, in case of JdeRobot been part of GSoC-2021, our candidate
selection process has its own procedure [2].

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] https://jderobot.github.io/RoboticsAcademy/exercises/
[2] https://jderobot.github.io/activities/gsoc/2020#application-instructions-for-gsoc-2020
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wekLpXCzNxU
[4] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVJJ9ndY2aY
[5] https://jderobot.github.io/RoboticsAcademy/exercises/AutonomousCars/follow_line/
[6] https://jderobot.github.io/RoboticsAcademy/exercises/AutonomousCars/obstacle_avoidance
[7] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy
[8] https://developers.unibotics.org/

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 7:13 PM divanshu gupta
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm Divanshu Gupta, 4th year undergraduate at IIT MANDI, India. I'm current
> pursuing Electrical Engineering and have relevant interests in robotics,
> automation and control field. I came across Jderobot website 2-3 months back
> and really got into solving some JdeRobot Academy exercises for gaining more
> knowledge in robotics. Although I'm a bit new to open source but liked the
> idea very much after I started it 2 months back.
> I'm proficient in C/C++, python and a beginner in ROS and Gazebo. I like
> solving the navigation,planning and control related problems in robotics and
> have also started exploring area of perception through some stereo
> algorithms in Computer vision.
> I really liked this year's as well as previous year projects ideas and feel
> motivated to contribute to this organization in GSoC next year. I need to
> know how should I start contributing over here(JdeRobot)? I also wanted to
> know if there is someone who can assign some tasks to me so I can get better
> acquainted with open source platform?
> Hoping to get some guidance soon.
>
> Thanks and warm regards
> Divanshu Gupta